Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Happy 1 Month B-day Joshua!

Joshua is officially 1 month old. And he is starting to smile more and more. It is so much fun - although we still believe it is gas... Ha ha! Jim and I were talking about the last months events... Here is what has changed in our daily routines...

Before Josh:

  • I get up around 5:30am and head to the health center where I workout until 7am... shower and get ready for work. Arrive there around 8am.
  • Jim gets up at 6:30am, lets the dog out and feeds him, and gets to work at 7am.
  • Jim and I work till 5pm
  • Get home around 5:30pm - Jim makes dinner... I go through mail, do some laundry or cleaning, and play with Hilo.
  • 6 pm - dinner and watch the Simpsons or Scrubs
  • Either go to our various sports activities or do some house project
  • I am in bed around 10 pm and Jimbo is in bed around 11 pm
  • Sleep soundly through the night - getting a solid 7 hours of sleep

Now with Josh:

  • Josh wakes us up anywhere between 5:30-6:30 am to eat/diaper change/ and begin play time.
  • Jim still gets Hilo fed and out before heading to work at 7am
  • I am up with Joshua for most of the morning and it usually involves a walk with Hilo, more eating/diaper changes/ and me hopefully getting a shower and ready for the day. (I love the Baby Bjorn and the swing!) He eats about every 2 hours in the morning.
  • I try to eat around 11 am when he seems to want a nap.
  • He usually eats at 1 and 4 pm in the afeternoon and we both get a nap on the couch between 2-4 pm. Then we watch Ellen at 4pm. I know. Exciting.
  • Jim comes home at 5... Hilo gets more play time. We have dinner at some point and either take turns holding/entertaining Josh while we eat or have him in the Rainforest Bouncer and can eat together. You never know...
  • The evening is us taking turns holding him and me feeding him at least 2 more times before we put him to bed around 9 pm.
  • We know we should go to bed - but this is the first time all day where we know he is sound asleep. So I try to get to email or some household chores and so does Jim.
  • Then Mr. Josh wakes up to eat at 1am, 3 am, and 5am to eat and get a diaper change.
  • So we get about 5 hours of napping in at night...

They say little ones change your life... and they do. But it is a GREAT change - although I am exhausted - I wouldn't change it for anything.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
AJ said...

He's getting so big! Isn't life so different? It gets even crazier with 2!

The Smith Family said...

I swear, in like two weeks it will definitely start getting easier (not that it's hard, it's just so exhausting). I can't wait to see you all!

Michelle said...

Yes -- I hear ya on the life changing... it is all good things though (except for maybe the lack of sleep and the not showering part) ha ha ha!! I remember those days...
Your life will be so much easier once he starts sleeping a little bit more. :)

Kara said...

The picture of Joshua is great!!! Life does get easier as they get older. The first few months are the toughest due to the lack of sleep. Once he starts sleeping for longer stretches....it does get easier, believe it or not. Sounds like you are doing an awesome job!!!