Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 18, 2007

Surprising my dad..

This weekend Jim went to Indiana for the Grand Prix Formula 1 race. This is his annual Father's Day tradition. Joshua is a little too young to partake in the male bonding so we went to MN to surprise my dad. My girlfriend Tatum was heading to visit her family and so she offered to drive us. So we loaded up her truck that morning - Hilo, Josh, and I. I can't believe how much I packed for just a 3 day weekend. I had no idea what would be needed and what wouldn't. But better to be safe than sorry.

We got there early on Thursday and had time to relax before the surprise. It couldn't have worked any more perfect. Josh was asleep in his carseat so we put him right by the door. Then Hilo layed down right in front of him.

My dad was definitely surprised. He had no idea! Thanks everyone for keeping it a secret!

Friday we surprised my grandparents for lunch. Josh got to meet his only surving Great Grandpa, my Grandpa Roger. He also was able to finally meet his Great Grandma Donna and Great Great Granny Leona. They were very suprised and glad we came for lunch. They will take any one on one time they can get!!!

Friday night my sister and her husband hosted a cookout. Some of the Walsh side came so they were able to meet Josh. It was nice to enjoy the night outside as it had finally cooled off enough. Josh did very well and even held his bottle for the first time all by himself! ha ha!
Saturday we had a lot of visitors at my parents house to meet Josh. And then we went to my cousin Mike's graduation party. Josh got to meet all the relatives on my mom's side. He was never ever put down the entire weekend!

Sunday we went to Church and then to breakfast for Father's Day. Joshua did very well again. Tatum came to pick us up around 12pm and we made the trek home. What a great weekend.

Jim had a blast in Indiana with his family and the race went well this year. It was hot but still fun. Can't wait for Joshua to start going with him.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

How fun! Justin has a great, great grandma too - be sure to get some 5 generations pictures! They will be treasures to look back on someday :)

Anonymous said...

Yay! More posts.....good work:)
Love, Shannon

Kara said...

What a great trip and great surprise. I definitely agree with the generation pics. We have done that and it will be one for the picture books.

Also, it does get easier with packing for trips. Just do laundry lots and it cuts down on the packing...lol