Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 25, 2007

My 36 hour Retreat

Some of my sorority sisters were heading back up to MTU for a mini getaway weekend. I had mentioned it to Jim back in April and said that if we could swing it, I would really like to go, even if it was just for a night. So Jim said as long as there is enough breastmilk, go right ahead.

Now here is where I brag about my hubby - he is a natural at being a dad. Really patient and just good at it. So I really didn't have that anxious feeling of leaving Josh with him. Instead I was wondering how much I would miss him.

Well I pumped like crazy to stockpile for this getaway and had enough for 2 nights. So I left Friday at noon and made the 4 hour drive to Houghton. I met up with the 7 other gals and we had a blast! We hit up the Ambassador for fishbowls, hit the DT, and then the Dog House. I even had a couple Pickled Eggs! Yum! It wasn't too late of an evening... we were all back in the hotel by 1am. But it was enough for me! I definitely can't hang like I used too!

The next day I called home to see how the night had gone with Jim. His repsonse was, "He's been up since 6am, I dropped the dog off at daycare and haven't got a thing done". I laughed. Sounds like the normal routine. He said it was fine and to have fun. So I spent the rest of the day up in Houghton... So nice to relax and have some good quality girl time. I got back on the road at 5 pm and made it home Saturday night around 9:30pm.

Whey didn't I stay another night - I missed Josh, knew that the headache I had from the Friday night adventure would only be made worse with another night in Houghton, and finally was looking forward to having an entire Sunday with Jim/Josh/and Hilo.

That headache didn't go away until Monday. Yeah definitely can't hang anymore!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

That looks like fun! I miss the DT...I wish I was only 4 hours away :)

I hope that all of our kids realize that they are required to attend MTU so we can have reasons to go up there and visit!!!

Kara said...

How fun!!! I haven't had a girls weekend since the girls were born. (Even before since I was on bedrest). You look amazing, by the way!!!

I will be separated from the girls for the first time in a couple weeks......I miss them like crazy when I am just away for a few hours.

Michelle said...

So jealous!! I wanted to go so badly... but we had Trav's parents in town from Sacramento.

Glad to hear you had a good time. Girl-time is important!! It helps us new moms to keep our sanity :)