Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 11, 2007

My first Mohawk!

The rest of this week Jim's mom has stayed in town to help out. It was fantastic. She helped with Joshua, Hilo, and the housework. Which means I get some more rest. Definitely needed and appreciated.

So mommy and me... on Monday. Again a good one. I showed up on time. And this week we had a "Cranial Sacral Therapist". I looked it up to make sure I had it right. Basically it is a therapist that massages the bones in the skull, spine and pelvis. The woman talked about why "Every baby" should be seen and that the world would be much happier if everyone had seen one after birth. She checked out Joshua and said that he had a "crick" in his neck and that is why he always tilts his head to one side. And why he feeds better on one side than the other. Still skeptical of the whole thing. But later in the class she was talking about why babies spit up and that it is likely the mom's diet that is the problem. She went on to say that Sugar is horrible for babies - all types. Sugars in anything should be avoided, cake, sugar on cereal, raw sugar, everything. Me - being a smart#$$ said - so we really have to avoid spicy foods for the entire time too - really?? She looked right at me and goes in a very serious scolding tone, "You chose to become a mom, it is time for you to make a sacrifice". And that is when I packed up and walked out. Cranial Sacral Bologna...

We know Josh doesn't do well with spicy foods... and maybe dairy. So we are going to try limiting them and see how it goes. He just gets so gassy... But sugar... it would be pretty difficult to avoid all sugar. CRAZY Lady that is what I say.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys! Marcel and I are so happy for you! We got your announcement in the mail this week...so cute! It sounds like you are enjoying the highs and lows of being new parents. This website is great! We'll be sure to check back often. Take care!

Marcel,Michaela and Jadon

Anonymous said...

His mohawk rocks Dee. Do you think his hair will get curly like Jimbo's?

AJ said...

I love his mowhawk. I do that with my son's hair after his baths because it's just so darn cute.

He really looks like you in the top pic!

My son had reflux which caused him to spit up a lot. It had nothing to do with breastfeeding or formula feeding (he's had both) so I don't buy into the sugar thing either.

Kara said...

Sorry to hear your class wasn't hte best. I too would have walked out. My twins(especially Makena) spit up and had reflux. I pumped and formula fed and had the same reaction to both....I too don't buy into the sugar thing!!

The Smith Family said...

Hey Dee, I think babies are just gassy. Ava spit up after every feeding for the first 3 months. She too was gassy. (check out our site, she's SO big).